Nestling in 13 acres of outstanding conservation countryside The Valley has a choice of 46 5* architect designed cottages. The Valley is a gated complex so it is safe. Its exclusive leisure facilities include indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools, a hot tub as well as a fitness suite and tennis and squash courts. Situated just outside the elegant Georgian city of Truro, The Valley is centrally located for exploring many of Cornwall's beautiful sub tropical gardens and attractions.
• All bookings and enquiries can be made directly from the website via email or telephone.
• The website includes the layout and diagrams of each cottage.
• Directions to The Valley are on the back of the brochure, and are also available on request.
• The nearest towns are Truro, 3 miles, and Falmouth 6 miles from The Valley.
• The nearest train station is Perranwell, which is 1.5 miles away.
• The nearest bus stop is in Carnon Downs, 3/4 mile from The Valley.
• This access statement is available in the 'Welcome folder' in the cottage, in reception and on our website.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There are car parking spaces for one car per cottage (extra spaces available on request)
• Not all cottages have parking outside; an unloading bay is available for those which don't.
• Roads and paths to cottages are tarmaced.
• Tarmaced level parking is available 10 metres from reception.
• Disabled spaces are available at reception and the bar/restaurant/pool complex.
Main Entrance and Reception
• The Valley is accessed by electronic gates, which can be opened via intercom.
• Reception is accessed by an automatic door, which is a flat entry. The floor is carpeted on entry and then leads to a tiled floor.
• Assistance is available from 9am until Cafe Azur closing time. This is either in the reception area or in Cafe Azur. After this, someone will be available for any emergencies on the number found in your welcome folder.
• Keys to the cottage and information about the site are given to guests on arrival at reception or in Cafe Azur.
• The restaurant and bar- Cafe Azur - is located at the bottom of a steep hill, in the centre of The Valley.
• Cafe Azur is accessed by 10 steps from 1 direction and flat access and automatic door from
the disabled parking space.
• The lighting is chandelier and spot and hanging normal lights.
• There are 4 fixed seating booths, and 8 moveable tables and chairs.
• Menus are printed in Din font, size 12. (Different font size is also available on request)
• Cafe Azur can cater for all dietary requirements.
• There is a picnic area outside Cafe Azur, which has wooden tables and chairs.
• The male and female toilets have 4 steps to them and the disabled toilet has none.
• Cafe Azur is non-smoking (smoking allowed outside only)
• Each cottage has a combined washing machine and tumble drier.
• In each cottage all are located on the entry level in either a kitchen or utility room.
• Car parking spaces are available opposite the swimming pool.
• The swimming pools are situated at the bottom of a steep hill. The outdoor pool is in front of Cafe Azur and the indoor pool is within the Cafe Azur leisure building. Flat access is available to them both.
• All leisure facilities are open 9am - 9pm.
• There is a female and male changing room, both which have a shower cubicle with seat, alarm to call for assistance and baby change unit.
• The changing rooms include toilets and their is a toilet with disabled facility at the end of the pool corridor.
• All guests must have read and signed the pool health and safety information before using the leisure facilities.
• Outside each cottage there is a level patio area, with moveable tables and chairs.
• The Gallery cottages also have a balcony with a wooden table and chairs.
• BBQ's are allowed, but must be used with care.
• Two of the Croft cottages are suitable for people with mobility difficulties, as they have parking outside, level access and two bedrooms on the ground floor.
• Each cottage has a master room with a 6' emperor zip and link bed, and a twin room with 2 single beds.
• All duvets and pillows are 'soft as down' but contain no feathers.
• There are a set of light switches by the bedroom door of both the twin and master bedroom.
• There are 2 separate touch activated lamps available beside the beds in The Haven and Croft. In the Gallery, Stables and Beacon there are 2 overhead spotlights.
• Every master bedroom has an ensuite. There is either a bath with shower overhead, or shower cubicle.
• The Haven, Beacon and Croft also have an ensuite with bedroom two, which is either a shower cubicle, or bath with shower overhead.
• All showers are power showers.
• The kitchens are on the ground floor (except The Gallery)
• The Gallery kitchen is on the top floor, accessed by 8 steps.
• An oven/hob/grill/microwave is provided in each cottage.
• Above the hob is an extractor unit, to the sides of the extractor unit there are cupboard units.
• All crockery/cutlery is stored in the cupboards and drawers provided.
• There is a separate fridge and freezer under the work top. (The freezer in the Gallery is kept in the utility room)
• The kitchen is lit by various spotlights.
• The floor is slate tiles.
Grounds and Gardens
• A play area is located next to Cafe Azur. It is built on 'pea-gravel', and the Little Tykes play area is on grass.
• The site does have some very steep gradients.
• There is a footpath which goes around the site, this can be slippery and of various gradients.
• In each cottage there is a welcome folder which contains details of Valley services and facilities and appliance instructions.
• No smoking is allowed in the cottages. An ashtray is available for use to smoke outside.
• A wheelchair is available to borrow and can be collected from reception.
• Pets welcome, please mention at the time of booking.