TRURO Cornwall TR3 6LQ
Thinking of taking a luxury lodge holiday in Cornwall this October but unsure of what to do to entertain the children? Autumn is a brilliant time of year to take a holiday; quiet beaches and colourful scenery!
There are also lots of events taking place during October Half Term and here are our top 5:
1. Bushcraft. Taking place at The Valley’s resort enjoy a half day of woodland discovery. Run by qualified Forest School Practitioners children can escape into a world of fun – learn how to build fires (including how to warm marshmallows and eat them!), make shelters and create items from the woodland.
2. Tales from the Darkside. An evening of ghostly tales around the campfire with BAFTA award winning storyteller John Brolly. John Brolly will be bringing the spirit of Halloween alive in his own eclectic and interactive style.
3. Halloweden at The Eden Project. Get involved in magical craft activities and be ready to be scared! Create your own potion, brew it and then see it work! Travel through the tunnel of terrors and watch a spooky shadow puppet play of Hansel and Gretel. The ice skating rink is also open
4. Dark Age Drawing at The Maritime Museum. After seeing the epic Viking Voyagers exhibition why not create some amazing art. Make and take your very own creation – from coin striking to shield making. You can also work with a local artist to create a giant dragon sculpture.
5. A spooky Halloween Tour at Pendennis Castle. Enjoy an eerie evening tour back though time and experience the night time surroundings of the ancient castle.
As well as these events there are plenty more spooky activities taking place in Cornwall this October.