What’s On: October 2021
October 01st, 2021
Spooky season is here, and with it comes a wide range of autumnal events and activities that are fun for the whole family!
With food festivals and fabulous performances, there’s something to suit everyone’s tastes – make the most of the changing seasons on your family-friendly holiday in Cornwall this October.
Truro Food Festival
1st – 3rd Oct 2021
If you believe that the best way to the heart is through the stomach, then you have to check out the Truro Food Festival!
This three-day event is a jam-packed celebration of all the amazing food and drinks that Cornwall has to offer. The festival takes place with pop-up shops and activities across the city of Truro, with its central hub at Lemon Quay.
During the day, you can watch chef demonstrations, follow the local restaurant trail, and enjoy live entertainment from local artists, all the while taking your pick of the street food stalls!
And it doesn’t stop there! Every evening, you can also enjoy live music from local bands while sampling the best of Cornwall’s beverages at the Beer and Cider Festival.
Mevagissey Shanty Festival
15th – 17th October 2021
It wouldn’t be a trip to Cornwall without celebrating the sea and all those who sail it. That’s why it’s well worth the trip to the 13th-century village of Mevagissey. Just five miles south of St Austell, this small fishing port plays host to the second ever Mevagissey Shanty Festival!
The festival invites a variety of shanty and acapella groups to perform across the weekend to help the village extend its holiday season and boost local businesses.
Whether you’re looking for a cosy, fireplace sing-song, or you’d rather spend your evening by the main stage at the Cornish beer festival, you’re bound to feel like a true swashbuckler in no time.
22nd – 24th October 2021
Get in touch with your Cornish roots by visiting the Cornish festival of Lowender Peran held in Perranporth this October.
This music and dance festival is a true celebration of Cornwall’s Celtic heritage, with live music and performances taking place all weekend.
If you can’t make the trip, don’t worry! The festival will also be live streaming their Great Big Cornish Music Session event for people to enjoy wherever they are.
Halloween Quest at Pendennis Castle
23rd – 31st October 2021
If you’re looking for a spooktacular way to spend Halloween half-term with the kids, then head on over to Pendennis castle for their fantastic Halloween Quest.
For one week, this 16th-century castle near Falmouth becomes the perfect backdrop for a Halloween day out you won’t forget.
Follow the adventure trail around the grounds inspired by Cressida Cowell’s Wizards of Once series, or join the quest to find the legendary Cup of Second Chances. If you come in costume, you may even be in with a chance to win the fancy dress competition!
There’s definitely something for you and the whole family to enjoy this October! Discover even more autumnal activities below.
Image Source: Visit Cornwall
The Valley Cornwall – child friendly accommodation
June 16th, 2015
Planning your 2015 holiday to Cornwall and not sure where to go? We know when you have children, finding child friendly accommodation is not always as easy as it should be. We can tell you The Valley is the place you are looking for and here’s why:
- The Valley can provide a range of complimentary baby and toddler equipment. You don’t have to fill the car with bulky items and then have the stress of having to set it all up when you arrive as The Valley will have everything ready for you.
- Books, toys and DVD’s are available to borrow. The Valley has an extensive book, toy and DVD library to keep the children quiet to allow parents’ to have some precious ‘me’ time.
- Two heated swimming pools; The Valley’s exclusive indoor and outdoor pool are perfect for children to burn off excess energy at the end of the day, or to tire them out at the start of the day! There is also an outdoor adventure play area and for slightly older children a games room which is the perfect place for them to make friends.
- Child friendly guest-only restaurant / bar, Café Azur. With a special children’s menu, boxes of toys, high chairs and booster seats, a takeaway service and under 5’s dining for free, Café Azur is here to ensure you do not have to cook whilst on holiday.
- Centrally located to the North and South coasts The Valley’s child friendly Cornwall accommodation is perfectly situated so you can visit most of the attractions and beaches within a very short drive.
Staying at The Valley’s child friendly Cornwall accommodation is the answer to a stress-free holiday; don’t take our word for it though come and stay yourself!
Trip Advisor survey reveals 3 Cornish beaches in the top 10 in the UK
February 20th, 2015
A Trip Advisor survey has released its results for the top 10 UK rated beaches, 3 of which are here in Cornwall.
Perranporth, Porthminster at St.Ives and Fistral at Newquay have been rated as some of the best in the UK.
Perranporth is located on the North Coast and only a 20 minute drive from The Valley’s child friendly Cornwall accommodation. This long sandy beach is perfect for those with their four legged friends, children and for those seeking some surf.
Porthminster is a beautiful soft and sandy North Coast beach at St.Ives. This beach is definitely a camera moment and when the sun is out you may mistake yourself for being abroad.!
Fistral is a large sandy beach renowned for its incredible surf and surf competitions. There are also plenty of opportunities to book surf lessons or hire gear and a large selection of cafes, takeaways and shops are located close to the beach.